It’s time to start saving! Don’t wait until the last minute to prepare for a possible strike. If you haven’t already started, begin planning now.
• Plan a budget and stick to it.
• Plan to save two to three months of mortgage payments.
• If you work overtime, bank the extra pay.
• Pay off bills.
• Delay major purchases until after the contract is ratified.
• Stock up on non-perishable, packaged foods and household cleaning items.
• Fill your freezer with meat and frozen food.
• Get maintenance or repairs done on your home and your vehicles.
• Schedule and complete all medical appointments before the contract expires.
• Reorder prescriptions and other medical supplies.
• Notify any creditors that you may be on strike and discuss rearranging payment schedules.
Remember to think ahead. Start planning. Be ready!